Podcast 3, Giggling and Gabbing: Author's Intent

In Giggling and Gabbing's third and final podcast, we discuss chapter seven and eight of "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao." These are the final two chapters of the book and we just wanted to include a major SPOILER WARNING because we got so invested in this podcast that we spoiled the ending!!! In our final podcast we discussed Junot Diaz's intent when writing the final chapters and the book as a whole. We discussed the strange importance of sex in Oscar's life and the use of sex as way to represent one's content in life.

We decided Oscar was the loser of this chapter because how  much he believed that sex was the only way his life could be complete. We decided Yunior was the winner of this chapter because of how complete and put together he was in this chapter compared to how broken all other characters were in this chapter. Well, from everyone in the Oscar Wao group, we hope you enjoy the final podcast and giggle as we have our final gab about  "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao." Thanks for listening! Link Below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8lF8Ygkjc

Afi Koffi (Student 2019)
Afi Koffi

Symonds with the insight yet again. This felt very professional with the music setting the tone and you all giving good insight to create a complex conversation.

Vivian Pham (Student 2019)
Vivian Pham

I loved how there were many ways and themes to go about talking about the events that happens in the section. But you guys focused a lot about society and gender roles, and discussion on the deeper emotions and feelings that came from it.

Lucien Hearn (Student 2019)
Lucien Hearn

Symmonds pulls thru once again, love that dude. I really enjoy how you guys are really just talking, there's no stress, you're just chatting. When you talk about topics you're supposed to bring up, it feels natural, it's a very organic conversation.

Nile Ward (Student 2019)
Nile Ward

Once again, I liked how natural the podcast was. It did a good job at talking about the author's intent, which brought a new level of understanding for the listener about the book.

Benjamin Seing (Student 2019)
Benjamin Seing

The content of the podcast was well constructed and had some details of what the author wanted to say. Talking about masculinity was a broad term but this podcast drove deep into what the character went through in terms of being "a man".

Bronwyn Goldschneider (Student 2019)
Bronwyn Goldschneider

Good job giving context and a brief summary of the plot! I also liked the connections to the last episode. This made transitioning from the last podcast to this one more seamless. I also appreciated the discussion about masculine expectations and standards in this book.