Printing Matt // Zinc

My element is Zinc. The name is taken from the German, ‘zinc’ which may in turn be taken from the Persian word ‘sing’ meaning stone. The atomic number is 30, and so is the protons and electrons. The atomic mass is 65.38. And the number of neutrons is 35. Zinc is a transition metal. German chemist Andreas Marggraf figured out how to isolate zinc by heating carbon and calamine. Zinc is actually useful for the human health. It can be seen in pills that help reduce pain and it can seen in cream that can help reduce rashes and skin irritations. Zinc is used throughout the world largely to protect steel against rust. For my art, I drew a recycling symbol with steel designs on it because according to studies zinc is always recyclable, and it protects steel from rusting. In the beginning, I had to sketch it on paper then traced it on thin paper. After that, I traced it on foam board, and I made sure to deepen the parts that I didn’t want the ink to touch. Lastly, I used the paint roller to roll the ink over the foam board, then I placed the foam board on paper and made sure it’s the opposite side so it will print the correct side on paper. If I were to do this differently, I will make sure to deepen the parts that should be without ink on the foam board better. I enjoyed the sketching the idea part, because I managed to express my creative ideas and it was fun.
A picture of my design
A picture of my design