Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act

Actual song to come.

​RLSD
The recreational lands Self defense act that's me
Giving the right to bear arms
Even in the presence of bear arms
Was born in Arkansas
Appealing to the masses
Give a man a gun
and he's sure to have some fun
Take the gun away
someone's gonna pay.

As the bill names implies. The bill will give citizens the right to carry concealed weapons on property owned by the federal governments. Including, but not limited to, national parks, and land owned by the Army Corps of Engineers. The bill was introduced on September 21, by Senators Jim Webb and John Boozman. The bill it pretty straight forward.

There are many animals in the forest
Many men may attest.
He is afraid of them
more they are of him
some protection is needed
When warnings are not heeded
Death will ensue
If a bear is staring down at you.

Although animal attacks are a rare occurrence, the fact that they happen at all is scary enough to prevent a lot of people from visiting national parks. The main pushing force behind this is the protection of the 2nd amendment right to bear arms, and a push to get more people interesting in visitation of national parks.

Come to our park
Stay here after dark
Plan a camping trip
Make some coco
Take a sip
Relax and have fun
After all the hiking's done
Should this bill be past
Forever the fun shall last

I chose this bill because it was was dealing with allowing citizens to carry weapons on national properties. I felt as though people should be able to protect themselves no matter where they are. Personally I believe all things are avoidable and in the circumstance that one would be attacked by a bear or charged at by a deer, or elk should be able to fire a couple of warning shots, or at the animal, only if it is still hostile.

I did not chose this format. It was chosen for me by my computer. iMovie decided that I had done to many videos in my time at SLA so it crashed. Since I was already working on a sing for another class I just decided to continue the poetic juices. I was able to write the lyrics above fairly quickly. However My house was too noisy to actually record any of it.

As I stated above I lost all my work and had to redo, basically, the entire thing. It was also hard to research information about the bill, and when I would find something it wouldn't make any sense. Sometimes dates wouldn't match up and I would be forced to discard it and move on.

I would find a simpler way to do it. I would get it all done in one shot and actually start early so I could use class time for peer editing.

Its all a blur now honestly. After I lost my work I kinda shut down for a bit. I was simply too upset to try fixing it. So during the research process it being just as bad, and difficult as the the creation of the movie, some of it was shut out as a way to forget it and come up with the song lyrics above.

The process was only hard because of technological failures. In essence from the beginning the project was enjoyable and fairly simple. However as I said before, the second iMovie crashed it all went south and got harder as I was now starting again after the due date had passed.