Room Quarantining

IMG-3701
IMG-3701

This year has been really hard on all of us. During this time in quarantine, Many people have been doing so many different things to cope or to keep themselves busy to not worry too much or be bored. Some people like being inside more than others and some people even like it better than not being in quarantine, but I think for most people I know this is not the case. These past few weeks of November there have been a rise in COVID cases where I live which is scary but I understand why. I’m not saying that it’s smart or the right thing to do, but I understand where it’s coming from. I would have probably done the same thing if it weren’t for my parents (who are on the older side). I try to keep myself distracted while I’m not talking to people so I don’t get super lonely, but the things I do seem really pointless and there’s not much of a sense of fulfillment when I complete them. One of my hobbies that I do enjoy and that I do get fulfillment out of is drawing. So I decided to draw how I feel and what I do with visual images to show what It’s like for someone like me to be in quarantine. This drawing is a watercolor and pencil drawing of my room. I chose to make it a really purple theme because I think purple is a sad color, not as sad as blue but more a peaceful kind of sad. It shows how quarantine has really made me think about being alone.The yellow coming in from the window and the hanging moon are symbolic of how my sleep schedule is so messed up. My sleep schedule was never that great to begin with, but over quarantine it’s gotten so bad that I sometimes sleep during the day and am awake the whole night. I’ve heard that I am also not the only one thrown off their sleeping schedule. I believe that many people are struggling to keep pushing through quarantine and don’t have a solution yet. I don’t have that solution. But just know that there’s others who are feeling the same as me and I’m not alone in this.

Caleb Park (Student 2024)
Caleb Park

Holy moly this is fantastic. I really like the color chooses and the more soft lighting, Which make it feel calm a serene. I would love to see more of your art

Caleb Park (Student 2024)
Caleb Park

Felice Wongui (Student 2024)
Felice Wongui

I really love how you put so much thought in the color and design behind your art work making it have more substance! You are such a talented artist and I can really relate to your artist statement!