Something Important.

negatory
negatory
negatoru draw
negatoru draw
negatory stool
negatory stool
​A. What is negative space (explain this concept to a fourth grader that has never heard of it.)
-Negative space is a special type of drawing. For example, if you are looking at a black and white drawing, all the white parts will turn black, and all the black parts will be white. 

B. Explain how you found negative space in 1. your cut out? 2. in your stool drawing?
-In my cut out, I found the negative space by cutting out the shape using construction paper. Using the cut outs, I pasted it onto another piece of construction paper, that would become my negative space. Making use of the left over cut outs, I pasted it onto the negative space paper. The owl that I was making started to take shape.

C. Why does it help an artist to see in negative space? Some artist find it easier to draw what is not the main focus of the drawing. This in turn will create the drawing that is in focus. This is found to be easier by some artist.

D. Seeing in negative space shows a sort of silhouette of the drawing. Since the main focus of the drawing is a different color then the rest of the whole entire drawing, it makes it more appealing.