Tahmid's Monologues about Climate Change.

We have done several research in our World History class to see how climate change is effecting our environment and how things plays a role on causing it. We saw videos about people coming up to protest and stop climate change and did research ourselves to get a better understand on what's causing these climate change. Climate change became a huge factor in our world at this moment and it's going out of control. Now everything we do, probably plays some kind of role causing the climate change. My goal was to inform people what they are doing to cause climate change to happen. I wanted to inform others that not to expect the world leaders to minimize climate change, but to do something yourself to minimize it. I wanted people to understand that climate change isn't a small issue anymore, it's has gone wild and if we don't take any precautions now, we will severely suffer later on. My main goal was just to inform others in a formal manner that we can make a difference, a positive difference. If we come together in hand and hand, we can do something. We have to think about how small acts can effect someone else out there. Those were my main goal while creating these monologues and I believe you will learn something too from my monologues. 
Thank you. 

The Questionable Penguin.

( The reader act like they were waking up) Wow, what a beautiful day? Isn’t it huh? I wonder how long it’s going to stay like this… I think I will go on top of that snowy mountain so I can slide down the hill, maybe notice some of my friends, well dead friends to be more clear? haha, not funny but true. ( The reader walks to one side of the stage) Oh look, humans! Hey there! How are you doing? Why are you folding your two hands near your eyes? Oh stop, stop it. What’s that flashing? Stop it! Are you even going to listen to me? It seems like he’s moving as I am moving too and changing the motion of his hands like it’s deformed. Are you even listening to me? I said stop the flashing. Well I don’t care, you are going to listen to me now! What are you doing here huh? Aren’t you happy yet? You know what I was supposed to do now? I was supposed to feed my chicks, yea I said chicks! They were supposed to be playing with each other but now they are gone… They are gone, their soul is gone. Oh why? Did you ask me that by the flashing? Oh, not that big deal to you I guess but it’s all because of you, yes you humans! It’s all because of you. My chicks were starting to hatch from their eggs. Their eyes were about this see this beautiful world but before they even did that, the sea locked ice started shaking. It started shaking and rippling so hard that in 5 seconds it broke away. I ran after one, than another then another but before I couldn’t catch them, they all washed away in the cold freezing water. I couldn’t do nothing but watch them, hear them crying and needing help. I was helpless. Oh stop it!!! Stop the flashing before I jump in the water and splash this icy water all over your deformed arms. But I am not going to do that, because I am not that cruel like you are. You have done all these! My cousin from Cape May saw all the harm you all were doing. The fossil fuels that you are burning, the distributin and cusbustion that you are making, are those really needed? Are you even thinking what or who might be affected by those? All those methane you are releasing into the air, and then it causing greenhouse effect where the heat is getting trapped inside the Earth and causing the ice to melt here. Oh , I think you don’t care at all! Because you know, you got Air Conditioner to cool you and your kids off. But what about my kids? Aren’t they as precious as your kids? Am I not a parent just like you are? The other day my brother passed away because their were shortage of ice and he didn’t have places where he could store the food. After starving for several days, he past away. Went away far from us, and never coming back, just like my chicks. Well, you didn’t stop the flashing because you know you are humans, selfish, greedy humans.

The Giving Environment.

( Speaker starts at the corner of the stage with a happy face, then slowly get’s sad) I have never slept in the past, I am not sleeping now, and will not sleep in the future. But there are these group of ferocious factors that are causing me to fall asleep, slowly slowly, and slowly. But I don’t want to, I don’t want to fall asleep. Please don’t ask me what are the reasons but there are so much to even tell. It’s indubitable true on how many things out there that depends on me. Why are you doing this to me? Don’t you understand how precious I am? Don’t you understand that not only you, but there’s so much more that relies on me. God has given you me, so you and your family could live happily. You are supposed to take care of me but look what are you doing to me.., you are making me to fall asleep. If I fall asleep once, do you have any clue what might happen? Your children won’t be able to play safely outside, you won’t have any natural products to feed yourself, your friends and family are going to go far away from you and never come back and many more. Do you remember, when you climbed and played with the trees who used to grow in my heart? You remember those trees who used to provide you with yummy apples and mangoes which you used to eat? Remember the trees who gave you oxygen to breathe and live this long? Do you even remember them? What did you give back to them? Those trees are just like my children. They were living their life happily until you started growing up and started caring less and less about them. Don’t have any time to look after them because you know , now you are all big and busy minding your own stuffs. Why would you care right? If you don’t do any good for them, at least don’t harm them. What if I say because of your actions, my trees won’t be able to provide enough oxygen for your next generation! Let’s not forget you telling me stop stop this change. How am I going to do that if you don’t stop it yourself. You are telling the world leaders and complaining to them like little babies, that they should stop climate change. What are they going to do if you yourself using commercial and organic fertilizers to cultivate the soil and causing nitrous oxide? You have any answer for me? No you don’t because you are selfish. All you think about it money and money but money isn’t always the first consideration, you have to understand that all the climate change is affecting me, the environment. So please, please let your friends and family know that one person can’t make a change on this big factor. Everyone plays a role on it. If you all don’t commit to help me, the environment is going to fall asleep soon.

Confused Mother.

(Mother enters the stage from the corner, acts like tired as she was coming from the work) Hmmm, had a rough day today. Need some cold water to cool myself down, but where’s that going to come from since I am an uneducated mother who lives in Bangladesh in the poorest condition. (She sees her 7 year old laying in the floor coughing and runs toward him) Abdul! What happened to you my son? Can you see or hear me Abdul? (She starts to cry near him) Abdul, answer me please… ( She takes her son and runs at the corner of the stage, yelling doctor) Doctor, doctor!! Help my son please!!! What? Tk. 30,000? Where can I get that much from? I am a poor mother who works in a industry! Okay okay, I will arrange them soon but please look after him now, I beg you! (Doctor examines for 3 minutes while the actress lays in one corner and prays to Allah) Oh Allah, please save my son. He’s the only thing that I have left. (The doctor returns) What? He have a liver disease and malaria? But he’s only 7 years old doctor, how can he have those? ( The mother breaks into tears again) They are caused by Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC's) you said? And you also said CFC's mostly produces from industry? (The actress gets silent for 10 seconds) That means I caused all this? I gave my son liver disease? How you asked me? Because I work in that industry doctor, I do! My house is right next to the industry I work at, which means my son is exposed to all the CFC's the industry releases! My industry have these huge heat pumps and one day I saw on the back it says it had CFC. Those heat pumps are on 24/7 and generating all the CFC's which probably got my son liver disease. My industry also supplies refrigerator and Air Conditioner which contain CFC refrigerant. My son had a lover diseases because of CFC, and it’s all made by me because I work in the industry which produces CFC. But what can I do? (Mother yells out loud) I need money! I need money to keep food in the table for my soon. I need money because of his education. I need money to keep us both alive. My industry can eliminate the CFC refrigerant products but they won’t… I know they won’t. Because it’ll cost them to make CFC refrigerant products and people won’t purchase it. It’s the industry's loss. But do they even care who might be affected when those CFC's release? No they don’t, they won’t care about us. And more likely, they won’t care about us poor people either. They barely give us enough salary after working our sweats off for the whole day. I am bound to work in that man killing factory just because of money. I know the factory is also releasing CO2 because one of my co-worker told me the other day. Those fumes they are releasing from the top of the industry probably causing all the heat, which led my son to get malaria. What can I do to stop it? Nothing. I am just a poor mother who lives in Bangladesh where the upper class people don’t even care about us. We are like rubbish to them. But they have to start caring from now or soon their kids will face this deadly disease like my son is now facing. Well, I can’t afford that Tk. 30,000 and I know my son will die soon… but doctor, tell those rich people, to do something now and to stop producing CFC generating products, or else CFC soon will eat this whole world. (The actress goes crazy/wild) Hahahaha.