World Of 100

The Graphs:
World Language- If you look at this graph you can see that not a lot of languages went over the 20 mark other than the other category which I think is interesting because some of these languages are common and to think that the "other" category was higher brings forth the question what in fact are those languages?; I thought it was also interesting that the majority of my classmates had the same idea when it came to looking at the world and what languages they thought would be most frequent.

World Geography- With this graph I noticed that the numbers for myself, the class and the correct answers seemed to favor North America which to me made sense because a lot of other nationalities come over from time to time to America to start over and so the fact that these numbers are higher than other places around the world doesn't really surprise me as much.

World Age- This graph shocked me just a bit because I would assume that because babies are always being born that there would be more infants in the world but then I looked at different variables that could make it so that teens to 64 year olds were a lot higher in numbers.

Which categories were you most accurate? inaccurate? Explain why you think that was the case.

I really wasn't that accurate in much of anything with the categories because I really didn't put much thought into the idea of it being the "world" and just put thought into ideas about the world that I knew without deeper knowledge.

Which of the real/correct answers shocked you the most? Explain.

The answer that shocked me the most was the one found in language and where it said other languages would be used more than other common languages like Chinese and English or even French, I thought that was interesting because that to me showed the diversity of language throughout.

If you were way off course in your predictions, explain why it is that you feel that happened. If you were spot on, explain why you think that happened.

I believe that I was off course in my predictions because I assumed that what I looked at the world as and how I related with the world by which what I've been told would always be correct and not wrong as well as what I had read to be correct. Even when I made a slight change I saw that I was still off because it still followed the ideas and assumption of things that I was told.
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.33.41 AM
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.33.41 AM
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.51.09 AM
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.51.09 AM
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.52.04 AM
Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 8.52.04 AM