Y&TW Post 3: Agent of Change

In my first post and in my second post we talked about what I would like to call the Social Decline. The “ Social Decline” is basically in my view all the negative effects of technology and how we are oblivious to the changes that are happening. Other the the overall idea of my You & The World project, we went into details of a list of things that affect us as teens negatively varying from, sleep deprivation, addiction, and self consciousness. So far we did some research and then we wrote a essay on it along with pictures and caption. Then a month later I furthered my research in social media, and ironically we used social media to at first record interviews of teens and there phone usage but we weren't getting to the point or coming up with the solution that we needed. That is when I created a ten question survey that I asked people to fill out in the span of 2 days we came up with enough answers to sort of weigh it out and come up with a final product.

Another terrible effect of social media to add to this list is the most important is cyber bullying. It is sad to say , but it has become so common in the average teens daily life. In many ways social media relates to cyber bullying a website  stopbullying.gov says “Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content.”.  With all that said cyber bullying can happen anywhere anytime where there is an online device in reach. The topic is very aminstrema but for reasons of trying to move forward and get rid of the cyber bullying.

Moving on with this project we were assigned to make change, which is smart because what is the point of the research if you can’t apply it to the world and do something about it rather then speak about it. So it honestly took me a while for me to get the wheels moving, but eventually I came up with a simple idea that can make change in a way. I decided to present the issue and I was going to originally present a solution but I gave the audience the choice t be able to decide what they were going to do after they learned some new information about how social media can affect you negatively. Before all of that I got another thing or affect to share. And then I started to make a short and simple slideshow with little bullet points( so they can focus on me rather then the powerpoint).

(Shown Below is my Attempt on making a change)

In conclusion to my attempt on change, I found the experience to be very satisfying. When I say satisfying I mean it in the way that you feel good when you make a change. I feel like I could;have planned a little better but it wouldn’t be game changing. This project overall was a good experience even if the process was not as smooth the end result is a positive one. I personally learned a lot about myself  and that I am highly involved in social media and how I need to make a change in myself as well as other people.