Fruit Salad Ep. 3

Maya West (Student 2022)
Maya West

I really enjoyed you guys exploring the author's death before giving a statement regarding the author's intent because it opens doors to other possibilities regarding the novel especially when you all questioned the possibility of there being no intent at all. Overall I really liked the analysis within your podcast.

Aidan Roman (Student 2022)
Aidan Roman

I think introducing the podcast with the author's death made it more enticing. It pulls you in so that you listen more as the podcasts goes on. It gives this sense of mystery that we will never really know what the author wanted to portray across, we can only guess and discuss. Overall, very fun to listen to and I would listen to more podcasts my this group in the future.

Grace Karlen (Student 2022)
Grace Karlen

I really like how you guys explored the author's intent, especially given the unique circumstances of your book. I think you did a really good job of proposing different intentions from what you know about the author, his life and works, the tone of the book, and the political climate.

Alondra Fonseca-Avalos (Student 2022)
Alondra Fonseca-Avalos

You guys did an amazing job of breaking down your own interpretations of the book and connecting them back to the author's death. As you said in the beginning, there is so much left up to interpretation due to the history of this book and how it came to be and you guys did a really good job of acknowledging that and still making great, well-thought-out observations about what you thought the author's intent was.

Leo Cohen (Student 2022)
Leo Cohen

I loved the outside connection to the 7 deadly sins and the discussion about the way in which time passes throughout the book. Very interesting stuff, good job.

Mira Young (Student 2022)
Mira Young

I like Eamonn's point about how Hemingway uses the text to reflect on his own life, and how everyone really includes the circumstances in their interpretation of the intent. I also thought Isa's points about truthfulness were thought-provoking.

Yohanna Heyer (Student 2022)
Yohanna Heyer

Looking at the characters through the lens of the seven deadly sins is really interesting. I liked your debate over author's intent because there are so many different possibilities with the author's death.

Mya Fleming (Student 2022)
Mya Fleming

This was a really engaging podcast, and you did a good job talking about your personal interpretations about the author's intent. The content you focused on made the podcast more interesting to listen to, and the conversation had a natural flow.

Ella Newburger (Student 2022)
Ella Newburger

As always you guys did a great job with the podcast! I liked how you brought up that the author dies and how its connected to authors intent. As well as the author being a "self insert," I like that idea a lot.

Jacob Farrell (Student 2022)
Jacob Farrell

I really like that you guys compared the ending of the book to the beginning and show how drastic the writing style has changed since then. Really good job tho I enjoyed listening to all of the podcasts and how everyone had their own thoughts including how interesting the book was.

Claire Powell (Student 2022)
Claire Powell

I really like how you started the podcast out with talking about the authors death. This is really interesting because now we truly don't know the authors intent. It is up for the readers interpretation. You also explained why this can be confusing to readers and then went into detail of your own version of the authors intent. I think it's enjoyable to listen when you add a synopsis of the book before getting into it.