HIV & AIDS

Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams (Student 2013)
Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams

If HIV progresses to AIDS, will the transmission to another person be the same? For example, will someone with HIV always give HIV, or will someone with AIDS always give AIDS to someone?

Are the side effects from the medication used to keep HIV at bay the same as the side effects from the medicine used to keep AIDS at bay?

Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams (Student 2013)
Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams

Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams (Student 2013)
Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams

Sergey Kuznetsov (Student 2013)
Sergey Kuznetsov

What is the difference between HIV and AIDS, and I know that one causes the other, but what is the actual difference between them? Is the name of Patient Zero known, or not, and if yes, then what is it?

Christian Gelbolingo (Student 2013)
Christian Gelbolingo

Okay, I'm still so confused. When a person is diagnosed with HIV, how long does it take for that to turn to AIDS? And how does it turn to AIDS? I know it's different with everyone and it also depends on how low their immune systems are, but how much time does a person get to live (average) when they are diagnosed with AIDS?