IMPERIALISM

Pauline G.
Chealsea J

Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams (Student 2013)
Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams

I think this is a really strong political cartoon because it's something that many people can relate to- football. I immediately recognized that it was a football field. The teams kind of look like a jury in a court, I don't know if that was on purpose or accidental, but I like it. I'm not quite sure what they white and darker colors represent in the football field.

Vincent Russell (Student 2013)
Vincent Russell

The interesting part for me is the jury section of the seats, which could symbolize the UN or even the world. But on the front it says "Offense sells" and "Defense wins", which makes the person challenge it. Pretty cool ideas, all in one picture.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

I like how your football field is a the colors of the American flag and stating the years on the side. I think the dates on the side represents who took control. Whether if it's the defense or the offense. I feel like the football was a great way to distinguish the 2 sides.

Matthew Walker (Student 2013)
Matthew Walker

I like that you have the football field in red white and blue to represent america. I also see that on the field the blue is defense and the red is offense. I see that as time goes on we get more offense but overall we have had more defense and on the dates you have read which i am guessing is times that we attacked. Good job

Chelsea Smith (Student 2013)
Chelsea Smith

The colors in this picture are all red, white and blue. It shows America and that we have all the power. It shows a football field layout with each line labeled with a year and and the the colors of America. It shows that America is adding to the field and to the amount of land they control and have power in. The people on the side line are American citizens and are their to watch and to cheer them on. "Offense Sells" - I think this is like talking about how we are so open to helping and put on that act that it helps us become close but "Defense Wins" shows that we always have our guard up and are ready for if/when they have behavior that shows rebellion or different then we want. We will strike and gain.