Kareem's Media Fluency

With my slide, I wanted to capture the main things about me. There were 3 main things, music, writing, and video games. They all are important, but some are better than others. Music is at the top, then writing, then video games. So once I found a picture for music, I made it my background because it was my favorite of the 3. The writing and video game pictures were hard to find only because I needed them to fade into the background. I noticed that one of the pictures went nicely with the background, because it blended nicely. The other one I really liked but couldn't blend it, so I just put it in the other corner. I finished it off with the statement, "Who Am I..." and this is the final product. I kept it simple and I hope it’s good.

Media Fluency

Through presenting in class, I learned that my slide was bad. It was too cluttered with the stuff on it, and now I feel better. As one classmate said, I should just have one central idea, that's what I did. My new slide was only about music, and then I added a nice quote in the corner. They go together nicely, and I used the rule of the thirds, plus empty space in this design. Although I was set up for failure, I think I triumphed in the end. It took some work, but I got my slide done and it’s way better than the original.

Slide Remake

Alexander Tristano (Student 2017)
Alexander Tristano

I notice that your change makes the slide a whole lot better. I wonder if had a picture that you could use to incorporate the rule of the thirds. What if found another picture with the same quote.

Juliana Concepcion (Student 2017)
Juliana Concepcion

I thought it was smart of you to just focus on a single picture. It doesn't distract you from missing the main point of the slide. I did notice that in your description, you used the word "bad" to describe your slide. The use of another word would make it look neater and more professional. I'm really impressed by the final result!

Juliana Concepcion (Student 2017)
Juliana Concepcion

Lucia Santaniello (Student 2017)
Lucia Santaniello

I noticed you changed your slide a lot so it's not as cluttered and you can focus more on the one quote you have. I wonder if you put the quote in a different color it would draw more attention. It is a very eye catching slide that would draw the person who was looking in.

Brandi Jones (Student 2017)
Brandi Jones

I notice that you changed your second slide tremulously and it shows less clutter than your first one. However, I do wonder why did you choose to place your quote where you placed it at? Yet, what if you expanded it along the top and let the music lines become placed underneath it to "hit" the quote. As you said "..when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley. Overall I do enjoy your newer slide and it's colors in contrast with the black background.

Lucia Santaniello (Student 2017)
Lucia Santaniello

Sianneh Vesslee (Student 2017)
Sianneh Vesslee

I noticed how well you improved on on your slide you used really good colors that complemented each other really well. I wonder if you could make could make your quote a little bigger and use a different font, other than that , you really improved your work

Chiara Nemati (Student 2017)
Chiara Nemati

I noticed that you decided to change your image to one central image. I believe that this was the right move to make. The quote was a good choice it captures your interest in music.

Yasmeen Collins (Student 2017)
Yasmeen Collins

I noticed that you did your whole slide over. I wonder if you could have kept your original slide and just made some changes focusing on one central idea. What if you just focused more on color since that seems to be your main focus in both of your slides.

Logan Smith (Student 2017)
Logan Smith

I noticed that you changed your quote and removed /changed all of your picture. I wonder why you didn't keep the big music sign and who I am in your picture. What if you put the quote higher up and made it a different color would it pop better.

Stephen Buchanico (Student 2017)
Stephen Buchanico

I noticed how much you changed your slide. This change was a very successful change. It make the slide much easier to understand and more eye catching. I wonder what sources you looked at for design and such while making your first slide. What if you kept the first picture that said music is life, It caught the idea that you wanted to show, If you put the quote from the second one with the picture from the first it would have looked nice, but the second one also looks very nice.