My Love/Hate Relationship with Glasses

AmeersPersonalEssayDraft (3)

Majo Bostani (Student 2019)
Majo Bostani

The big understanding for me is that you take the positive for the negative, and the positive always outweighs. I really liked how effective your backstory was, and how you weren't trying to say it wasn't your video games.

Meymey Seng (Student 2019)
Meymey Seng

A big understanding that I got at the end is that things are very unexpected in life but you shouldn't really think about what other people think, because if it helps you and betters you, then it should be okay to wear something like glasses. Also, glasses look great! I like how you talked about your feelings and how you talked about your friend Lucky.

Jason Chen (Student 2019)
Jason Chen

I love this piece! I understand that this moment where glasses came into your life was like in a flash. A system I would compare this to is stereotypes because I too wear glasses. I'm sure everyone who wears glasses is going to back their own little backstory to how they got it and their experience with it. I like how you realize the importance of glasses even tho you dislike them because of your appearance. But you shouldn't feel any type of way with glasses, many people have it, you should just accept it as a part of you.

Rebecca Snyder (Student 2019)
Rebecca Snyder

I really enjoyed hearing your voice come through in this writing. I like how you talk about the reasons you hate them but also why you appreciate them. I think that a lot of people can relate to this in many parts of their life. I also enjoyed your moments of giving backstory bt talking about Lucky and moments when you realized your eyesight was declining.

Marcin Czapla (Student 2019)
Marcin Czapla

I really enjoyed reading your essay since I too wear glasses and had almost the same experience with them. Your essay really got me thinking about how a simple thing like glasses that people need to accomplish daily tasks, can still be the source of insecurities. I also really like that your writing was very descriptive and how you even added a little bit of humor into it here and there with the "lucky" thing.

Bea Gerber (Student 2019)
Bea Gerber

This is a great piece. As someone who doesn't wear glasses but is part of a family where EVERYONE has had glasses since they were 10, I have an opposite perspective. Everyone is always on me about when I'm getting my glasses or if I can still see and when I tell them I don't need them, they seem shocked. Coming from this place, it is really interesting to hear to speak about desperately needing glasses but having no one push you towards them. The writing shows your relationship with glasses and how you hate them but you know you need them. Great job.

Mindy Saw (Student 2019)
Mindy Saw

A big understanding I got from reading your essay is that eyesight causes unwanted situations into your life. This relates to systems because there are many systems of life that you do not enjoy because it causes more trouble for you than maybe for other people with somewhat the same problem. I liked how you threw in a short backstory of how you got your first pair of glasses and how you gave you a better view to everything you should have been able to see clearly everyday.