Reflection on Media Fluency

Tech Q2-Bradley Gutierrez de Teran
Tech Q2-Bradley Gutierrez de Teran

I learned a lot from seeing what mistakes my peers made and my peers pointing out the ones I made. One of the many things I learned is that it does not look good when a photo is touching the edge of a border. However,  I learned that touching an edge/border is different to bleeding off or on. I also learned that if I have a pattern with colors or designs that I should not break it by adding different colors because it can be disruptive and unpleasing to the human eye.

The big thing that I changed is the colors of the SLA logo and of the photo of me. I did this because one of my peers suggested it, and many others agreed with her suggestion, so I decided to give it a shot. After I changed the colors I put the photos back on my slide and saw how they looked and I thought to myself, this could work out but first I had to play around with the colors and make it work. I also changed the size of both of the pictures because someone commented on making the photo of me bigger. After I had changed the colors I did that and made it to where it was partially bleeding off. When I made the photo of me bigger I knew I had to make the SLA logo bigger so there would be a better balance between it and the photo.

The last change that I made was the placement and size of the text. I was given advice from many peers to make the text more centered and to make the equation of how I got into SLA smaller. So after I moved them around to have it more centered  I made the text of when I got into SLA bigger because that was something I thought was more important. But I still needed the part of when I came to Philadelphia so I decided I would make it smaller but not too much. Finally I decided to make the text the same shade of purple as the photo of me and the SLA logo which was #540a5c. I had to then customize a color for the text so I typed in that color number and then I had my color for the text.

I personally believe that research is very important for just about every decision you make in school and in life. In this project I found research very important and helpful for me because it helped me learn a lot about a topic and skill that I knew very little about. Before starting this I knew very little about designing so research helped me learn many new skills and take notice of what would work and what would not.

In conclusion I believe that peer feedback is always some of the best feedback anyone can get.

Jeremiah Butler (Student 2020)
Jeremiah Butler

Your revisions were adjustable. The color contrast that you had before with the SLA rocket in my opinion was good, but now that I see this revision you improved your slide greatly. Good Job!

Dasia Oakley (Student 2020)
Dasia Oakley

Your choice of color on the the slide looks much better. I noticed you changed the SLA logo to a different color which is better. Also, the slide is put together very nicely.

Amani Harb (Student 2020)
Amani Harb

Your contrast between the purple and yellow fits very well together. Your slide works much better now that you moved your images from close to the edge. Overall the slide looks much better!