The Immortalists - Podcast #1

HOCUS POCUS

Podcast #1: Literal and Figurative 

Group Members: Lauren, Dayanna, Taylor, Chloe & Jayla

We are doing a podcast on the Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin. Our first episode of our podcast goes into the basic plot of the Immortalists, while explaining some brief information about the author Chloe Benjamin. We go into depth about how the writing is able to convey very vivid images, and in each section we have read up to so far showcase the times in which they are set in. The four main characters are discussed more in depth, and we explore the way siblings Simon and Klara are perceived after their lives are explained in full. The two older siblings are mentioned along with some predictions, as that is what is apart of our next reading. 

References to book:
-pg. 19
-pg. 157
-pg. 33

Lily Rivera (Student 2019)
Lily Rivera

I really like your introduction to the book and the set up for your discussion. I also enjoyed the way you discussed the specifics of the author's writing style, it was super interesting to see how the author affected your reading experience in that way. All of your points were really interesting and we got to hear opinions from everyone, nice job!

Amado Alfaro-Allah (Student 2019)
Amado Alfaro-Allah

The information within the context and describing the way she writes is very helpful to visualize how the book is structured and the idea of an immersive book with the tone and describing the era its in helps me understand the book

Miguel Rivera (Student 2019)
Miguel Rivera

Great Job! It was clear that you have an outline of what you were going to talk about. Everyone was speaking the same amount. I feel that I was about to understand the plot and characters by Y'all description.

David Roberts (Student 2019)
David Roberts

I really appreciate your comments on how the author writes. They were really in depth and gave more of a picture of the book to listeners, which is very helpful in understand the book and the conversation.

Ayala Silverman (Student 2019)
Ayala Silverman

I really enjoyed the flow of the discussion. Everybody was chill and had interesting ideas on the story to comment on. Sometimes it was a little confusing but overall everything was well explained.

Aysha Siddiquee (Student 2019)
Aysha Siddiquee

I agree with Wes on the music and I like the way that you discuss everything in an order that everything flow the reader has context and isn't thrown into anything. I like how you also discuss the setting very well compared to the characters.

Meeghan Kersten (Student 2019)
Meeghan Kersten

I like how you introduce the book and the story. You give the plot and describe the characters but also give a background on the author. Going on it was a bit hard to follow along on the audio

Emily Pugliese (Student 2019)
Emily Pugliese

I really like that you guys give the plot of the story allowing listeners to have a better understanding of what is happening in the book. While listening I found it hard to follow along with the conversation.

Weston Matthews (Student 2019)
Weston Matthews

The music in the beginning is a banger

I like how you introduce the book with its credentials. The vibe is very relaxed and I like how you guys balance the talking. You were obviously very prepared. I would be interested in seeing y'all experiment for the next few.