A Risk Worth Taking

ARiskWorthTaking (3)

Jacobo Pastor (Student 2019)
Jacobo Pastor

I really liked your essay. What I took from it is that sometimes in life it is worth to take a risk and who knows maybe that risk helps you for your future or maybe this risk would be like a practice for your future. I also liked that you described that it is a lot of practice, practice and more practice, and I can tell you that as I have played the violin for almost eight years. Good job! And good luck for future auditions.

David Roberts (Student 2019)
David Roberts

Cool essay. I liked how you discussed how you felt before the audition versus how you felt afterward. You put in the hard work and succeeded. I like how you could reflect on that experience and seeing that auditioning was a real risk. SInce you are again auditioning this year, do you feel more prepared than the last time?

Lilly Roman (Student 2019)
Lilly Roman

This was great! I really loved how you were able to show that with enough time and dedication, you can achieve what you thought was impossible. You wrote well and I liked how you expressed your emotions throughout the piece. I love how you tied it in with taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone. I thought that was a very important part of your essay. Nice job!

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

By the time I was finished this essay I had a huge smile on my face and heart was filled with happiness for you. I think the fact that I remember the day that you left from Spanish 1 to go audition really helped me connect with your story and made it all the more compelling to reading. You do a really great job of explaining your emotions and your reflection was very clean cut and to the point. Outstanding job, Greg!

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

Kiah Johnson (Student 2019)
Kiah Johnson

I loved this essay, from the title, I knew this was going to be engaging. While I was reading your essay, I actually read it pretty fast, which means I understood and my mind was into the story. I liked the way you wrote it, talking about how you and the others around you felt throughout the story.

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

Jowon Dorbor (Student 2019)
Jowon Dorbor

Hey Greg, This was a really great essay. I loved how you explain your emotions. I have had this feeling many times before, doubting myself when I don't think I can make it or when I think others are way better than me. What I got from this story was taking chances are always worth. The results always help you learn something new about yourself.

Jowon Dorbor (Student 2019)
Jowon Dorbor

Jowon Dorbor (Student 2019)
Jowon Dorbor

Caroline Pitone (Student 2019)
Caroline Pitone

I can just start of by saying, I have been in your position and have not always gotten the best of luck. I really liked your essay because I got a feel of all of your emotions. Congratulations to making it! I loved your use of dialogue in two different scenarios. Over great work.

Lucien Hearn (Student 2019)
Lucien Hearn

I enjoyed your story up until the end. You used a lot of colorful writing and did a fantastic job of showing the audience who you are, but it ended quite abruptly. You did great at building tension but didn't quite hit it off when resolving it. Maybe you could've gone into more detail about the audition itself, or what it's been like being in All City. I also feel that when you said "As I reflect," you were being a bit too blatant. If you spent another hour on this I really feel like you could've fleshed out the ending and made it great. Did you enjoy being in All City or was it not everything it was hyped up to be?

Autumn Lor (Student 2019)
Autumn Lor

Gregory Tasik; A Risk Worth Taking From the few opening lines, I like the story because you talk about how people view you but it's not how you feel about yourself. As I was reading, I didn't know that this was from last year. I know how it feels to not have anytime to practice as well, but you still got into All City and that's amazing. I really loved this piece because it teaches you that even though you might not have a lot of faith in yourself, others might and you just gotta take that chance. Your title explains it all. Are you trying out again?

Afi Koffi (Student 2019)
Afi Koffi

I really enjoyed your essay. I think the moral of stareing a challenge in its face is powerful and motivational. I used to play trumpet but I've never tried out for all city for the same reasons you expressed in your essay. I also really liked that you not only included the theme of risk-taking but also of hard work. I feel that these things go hand-in-hand. Nice job! Are you nervous about auditioning this year?