Reflection on Media Fluency

One Slide Presentation (4)

What I learned from this project was all the different methods of making slade, billboard, and/or photo. I didn’t even realize how much the “Rule of Thirds” really had to do with photography and symmetry. Though that may just because I had never heard the term, “Rule of Thirds” before this project. I also was able to sharpen my skills in contrasting colors.

The main problem with my previous design, and the main thing the audience had a problem with, was the bottom right text. I meant it to be a joke to show I don’t like to take everything serious but I later realized that it was a distraction to the point of the slide. So I decided to get rid of the text entirely so people can focus more on the message in the (more pleasing) center of the slide. Besides that, everybody thought it was a pretty good slide so I decided to keep everything else the same.

The research into making this was very important to me since I never would have realized the importance of the “Rule of Thirds” and contrasting colors. That being said, research is important for anything project related if you want it to be as effective as possible.

Monie Duong (Student 2020)
Monie Duong

Your slide effectively portrays the use of the rule of thirds. Your reflection shows that you've really thought of other people's comments while you were changing your slide.

Kayah Chisholm-McVay (Student 2020)
Kayah Chisholm-McVay

Your slide is amazing, what really hit me hard(in a positive way) was the pen. The pen really got me thinking and was a great addition to the words you also had on there. Again you are one of those people who really found a way to successefully use a white background. Like visually to the eye it looks blank but in the mind you know there is more than just white coming from your background.

Justin Peccina (Student 2020)
Justin Peccina

It doesn't look like a very major change from your original slide, but I think that reason is because much change wasn't needed. I think that removing the words from the bottom was for the better, because now it looks like the words and pen and corners form a kind of box with no distraction, which makes it really easy to focus on the main point: your love for art.

Mia Concepcion (Student 2020)
Mia Concepcion

The pen that is centered and symmetrical on your slide really does a good job of breaking up your quote. And the black, silver, and red hue theme does a good job of contrasting with the white background. The font was also a good choice because it is sleek and matches the metal pen. You cleared the slide of the small text at the bottom, which makes it look less cluttered. Your reasoning clearly backs up your design choices and the changes you made.

Lamar Reed (Student 2020)
Lamar Reed

This slide is really great and professional. It's so simple but yet shows your passion about art. Removing the text at the bottom was a great idea and the pen adds and interesting point to your passion about art. Your reflection response is well written and it shows how you have learned about the importance of the rule of thirds and research. Excellent job Emmett!

Charles Langley (Student 2020)
Charles Langley

Your pen is on the line of the rule thirds which was done nicely. I think you could have use the power of the rule of thirds to your advantage and I don't know make more things on your slide.

Salvatori Camarote (Student 2020)
Salvatori Camarote

I think you made the right choice by getting rid of the text in the bottom, that was really the only thing I originally was picky about. Overall the slide is really professional and seems to strongly follow a lot of the information from sources we were given.

Michaela Donnelly (Student 2020)
Michaela Donnelly

The slide looks better now that you took the words out of the right bottom corner. The pen in the center does a good job of splitting the quote. I like how you chose to make the quote 2 different colors. It is pleasing to the eye.

Mary Lamb (Student 2020)
Mary Lamb

This slide very clearly follows some key elements of design. I appreciate the contrast and I'm glad you took away the text you had on the right side.

Serenity Baruzzini (Student 2020)
Serenity Baruzzini

Your slide is very clean. I could totally see it being a billboard. Nice work. Everything is completely organized and brief, leaving the viewer satisfied. It really is you too though which makes it even better.