Transpass Mishap

https://www.soundtrap.com/playlink/b1c7e10d-1dae-48cf-9481-3dfff30b67c5/

Stop! Stop! Oh My God thank you I thought I would have to wait another hour. (swipes transpass)

My transpass,  I already swiped it!

I am telling you the truth the transpass has been swiped you can even ask the people behind you.

It doesn't matter there is no one behind me, I swiped it.

No I am not being loud I am just telling you the truth! Here, I will even show it to you. (goes  through her pocket )

Here you see there’s my transpass.

What do you mean, swipe it? I already did. (swipes transpass)

You see, it won't work, because I already swiped it. I just need to get to the other side of the city

What do you mean I am getting too loud¨!

No I am not on any drugs! Why does everyone think that just because I am me I am on drugs!

It’s not my fault you don't believe me.

Why do I need to get off the bus?

If you felt you were falling behind then you should have already started to move.

Why are you calling the cops? I am doing nothing wrong!

I am not holding up the Bus, you are!

No I am not disturbing the peace.

Why are you trying to blame me for your unwillingness to let me on the bus.

I am trying to get to my brother's school, so I can pick him up.

Because I am the only one that can pick him up after school

You know I swiped my transpass and you saw me can you please let me pick up my brother

No that’s not true and I can't believe you think that is ok to say to me at my age.

No I didn't drop out of school, I have a backpack right here.

No I am not carrying drugs. I am just trying to pick up my brother.

No you can't check my bag.

Get off of my bag!

Can you please let me on the bus

I am not hiding anything I am just trying to get on the bus

What do you mean it’s filled to capacity, half of the bus is empty

Why don't you want me on the bus

No, that can't be the reason because half of the bus is empty. Is it because of my hijab?

How am I making the passengers feel uncomfortable? Is it because I called you out on not letting me on the bus because of my religion and that you feel uncomfortable with someone with a hijab on the bus? If you aren’t being racist, give me a good reason right now before I call your boss and get you fired.  

Oh My God Did you just say I could have been a threat to the other passengers. Ok how could I hurt the passengers? (start pulling out a book) Am I going to hurt them with reading out loud from a history textbook or am I going to hurt them with a math problem?

What! You think I am going to stab people with a pencil and give them lead poisoning!?

Yes I can wait for the cops to come and arrest you for what you are saying to me.

You are an adult accusing me! A teenage for being a terrorist! You are crazy and delusional.

Look who’s here. Officer this man won't let me on the bus because of my Hijab.

What? What are you doing? What, why do I have to leave the Bus?

Let me go! Get off of me!

Help! Help!

No I am not, (sobbing) I’m not resisting arrest

Stop! No! Dont Hit Me!

AAAHHHH!

Afi Koffi (Student 2019)
Afi Koffi

Very interesting monologue. I liked that you didn't reveal everything about the character in the very beginning. I also thought it was cool that you tied a transpass incident into a big issue today.

Amanda Bolli (Student 2017)
Amanda Bolli

Nice Job! I liked how you used a classmate to bring the character alive, she did a really nice job with using expression and you can hear it in her voice. Nice job!

Amanda Bolli (Student 2017)
Amanda Bolli