Reflection On Media Fluency

New Slide for Tech

I learned that color is the first thing that people will notice about. Last time my background color and my sample color is not matching so this time I using black and white color for my slide. Because black and white are opposite color, so when you mix it together, the value going to be intense, which mean is going to have some part are dark and some part are  bright. I also learned that if I make my text huge then people going to focus on that part the most. Like you can see, I trying to make the text apologize huge because I want people to focus on it the most. And the text  be yourself,  the word be you, I put it in different color because I think is important and want people to look at it first. I put 2 white line in opposite direction because I think it would help my slide look more creative and don’t have that much space left. And it really important to research in the beginning a project because they help you know what you should put in your slide and it help you write the intro for it more easier, are maybe in the 2nd slide you don’t need to look at it again but you still remember all the rules and know how to fix your slide and make it more perfect.

Monie Duong (Student 2020)
Monie Duong

Your slide has changed completely and I believe it expressed how much you have learned from the comments and further research. Your reflection shows how much thinking you did when deciding the changes you put into making your slide.

Mia Concepcion (Student 2020)
Mia Concepcion

Your slide really shows improvement! You changed it completely but did it for the better. You truly took the advice that was given to you to have create an uncluttered, simple, and understandable slide. The image is off-centered and seems to put more emphasis on the words to the left. The contrast of black and white against pink and grey is really prominent, and you describe your reasoning for choices well.

Emma Risher (Student 2020)
Emma Risher

You really toned down the colors in your slide and it makes it a lot more powerful. You really put a lot more thought into your decisions this time and it's very effective.

Michaela Donnelly (Student 2020)
Michaela Donnelly

Your color scheme is very pleasing. I like the pop of color with the pink in the flower crown. The 2 sides could be more even but over all the slide is very pleasing. I enjoyed looking at it.

Serenity Baruzzini (Student 2020)
Serenity Baruzzini

Using gray scale really enhanced your slide's simplicity. The burst of color make up for the simple design and grab attention. Perhaps you could center it more or try the rule of three.

Emmett Tsai-McCarthy (Student 2020)
Emmett Tsai-McCarthy

A definite improvement and is a lot easier to take in. It clever of you to capitalize the "BE" and "YOU". It's like a message in a message! One question I have is is that drawing supposed to be you?

Lamar Reed (Student 2020)
Lamar Reed

Great job on fixing your slide Nhu, this slide is awesome! Brilliant idea on making the color black and white and highlighting key words and making them larger. Excellent job on the word play there and great job on describing what you did to improve your job and how important researching before a project is.

Justin Peccina (Student 2020)
Justin Peccina

This slide is very different from your original, and I think it is a drastic improvement. Firstly, you now have a color scheme of black and white, which makes the slide easier to look at. You also kept the words one color, which unlike last time, makes it very easy to read. The overall vibe of this slide is very calm, and I think not putting many pictures or color supports this.

Horace Ryans (Student 2020)
Horace Ryans

The way you implemented your drawing to match your one side of the slide with writing makes it look satisfying. The first thing I saw when I looked at your slide I say the "Be" and "You", I thought that was a nice add on and it's not totally popping out so it's not distracting.

Mary Lamb (Student 2020)
Mary Lamb

This slide is a huge improvement from your other one! The contrast is really apparent and I like the duality of it. I'm confused as to why you chose the image of the girl to represent you but other than that, very well done.

Mary Lamb (Student 2020)
Mary Lamb

Arthur LaBan (Student 2020)
Arthur LaBan

The image you used really shows a unique part of your personality. The contrast between the two slides is very pleasing to me. I think your reflection really talks about your improvements in a clear fashion.

John Eagen (Student 2020)
John Eagen

You did a great job on reflecting and fixing your slide. It looks a lot better visually. You also learned a lot in your writing reflexion. I also thought it was clever what you did with words at the bottom of the left side.

Salvatori Camarote (Student 2020)
Salvatori Camarote

The image you used is very unique and eye grabbing. I really was interested by the font you chose and what you had put as well as technique you used by putting "BE YOU" within the other words. The advertisement seems very professional and I think your explanation with the color scheme is very thoughtful.