Here Here Podcast #3

Authors: Lucas Capitolo, Fionn Hyland, Michaela Berger

IMG-1777
IMG-1777

Summary: In the final episode of our podcast, we discuss author Tommy Orange’s intentions with writing “There There.” We look at the events at the end of the book and tie that into the real-world issues and why Orange may have written what he did. We hope you have enjoyed listening to our podcast the past few weeks!

Fahrenheit 451 podcast 3

By: Malcolm, Izzy, Aedan, Stella

Summary:

In our third and final podcast we discuss the ending of Fahrenheit 451, and our takeaways from this read. After spending some time discussing the ending we open up a larger conversation about what could have been and our experiences reading The Classics. With comparisons to Margaret Atwood’s THT, marvel comics, and Hayao Miyazaki, we discuss the bulk of Bradbury’s weaknesses as a writer and the uniqueness of this book.

https://youtu.be/xyAUm3Lbby0

The Purple Podcast Ep.#3 (Mo, Saniyyah, Brielle, David, Kayla)

This is the link to the podcast, just as a vague (so no spoilers for people who actually want to listen to it) summary of what we talked about we covered what happened previously and then Celie’s relationships between people and how some of them grew as a character and some of them where just a good character and a good person to Celie bond with these characters and who we’d recommend those book to

https://www.wevideo.com/view/2015819932

The Thought Police Final Podcast

By: Gia Torres, Zoe Zisser, Ida McGrath, Andrew Bowers, Noor Kreidie

In the final Podcast we introduce the topic of the way the author is writing within the book. His ideas he wanted the reader to pick up on and what to look at while reading from our perspectives. We allow ourselves to talk about how we felt the author portrayed his own life within the text and even the message he was trying to give the readers with the historic ideas and futuristic path he was going through as he was writing. We hope you all enjoy.

• The Thought Police

The Bluest Podcast 3

Jasir Chavis, Jueni Austin, Lyss Williams, Phoenix Satterfield

The third and final episode of our podcast. We examine some reasons why the author of The Bluest Eye, Toni Morrison, actually wrote the book. A very interesting conversation indeed. She wanted to offer readers stories about blacks, women, and other marginalized characters that hadn’t been told before. This desire seems to have been with Morrison since she was a student at Howard.

Memoir project- Kara Clapper

The way Trevor Noah talked about his family and how important they were to him is something that I took inspiration from while writing my story. Throughout his whole story he talks about how much his mother loved him, like in chapter 6 when Trevor writes, “It was discipline in the form of love.” And again much later in the book he writes, “But it doesn’t always work, because you’re giving the kid tough love when maybe he just needs love.” (pg. 161) Although there is more background and depth behind these quotes they both have one thing in common, love. I think that closely relates to the culture of family. “That you can love a person you hate ,or hate a person you love.”(pg. 188) I think this quote holds a lot of truth when talking about any family. Nothing is perfect and sometimes it is hard to love them but in the end loving your family no matter what is so important. In Trevor Noah’s own vignettes he explored a sense of not knowing where he belonged even in his family, which is a truly hard feeling. I think an example of this in the book is when his grandmother hits his cousins and not him because he was half white, and again when he said, “I was an anomaly wherever we lived.”(pg. 84) Struggling to belong is a hard thing to go through and Trevor Noah explored this feeling a lot in his book which helped influence how I wrote my vignette. A huge thing Trevor Noah used in his vignettes to reach the reader was humor. Humor is never something I’ve really used in my writing, but one thing I did try to do like Trevor Noah was use lots of description. While reading his story it was almost like you were in the moment because of the way he described things. I took a lot of inspiration from this and I wanted my story to be something that people would read and feel like they were part of the moment while it happened. The culture of one’s family is a very complex thing to describe. I tried to add in little details, moments that may not seem important but would end up contributing to the reader being able to understand and get insight on how my family works. One of the main themes of our unit was Identity, and specifically what influences our identity. A huge thing that influences my identity is my family which is why I chose to write this specific story. My family makes me who I am, every part of my identity has been somehow shaped by my family. That is why I think that family is so important, they are constantly shaping and reshaping us. Family and identity seamlessly fit together, and I wanted to show that by writing this story a story of a normal night with my family.

Q2 benchmark Memoir project