- The five questions that I plan to ask are:
- Why do you want to learn English?
- What are sports like in (the country)?
- Do you play any sports?
- Do they play American football?
- What do you think is a funny sport to watch?
- I expect my partner to find the questions that I am going to ask interesting. I plan to make the chat as friendly as possible, so that my partner will not feel uncomfortable.
- I am looking forward to learning about another person's culture. The reason is because I enjoy learning about foreign cultures. It is interesting to compare my culture with theirs'.
- I am nervous that my partner will not be friendly. I hope that they do not say anything rude to me.
- I spoke with Cindy because I thought that her name sounded friendly. She was also the only person that actually accepted my chat request.
- I learned that they don't like sports and that they think learning English is difficult. I learned that the main sports played in Colombia differ from the main sports played in the United States. American sports like baseball aren't as common in Colombia.
- This interaction helped me to move towards my goal of becoming more fluent in Spanish by forcing me to speak with a native Spanish speaker. Talking to my partner provided me with a lot of practice writing in Spanish.
- I did well keeping the conversation with my partner going. I thought that the chat would be quite dry, but we actually had a good conversation.
- I need to improve on using correct grammar in Spanish. I would start sentences with lowercase letters and occasionally forget to end sentences with punctuation marks. If I were to do it again, I would have wrote more properly.