- Unbiased link written by Philadelphia Pediatrician Daniel Taylor, drawn from the philly inquirer, giving information on the “cost” of teen pregnancy in terms of money spent by the mother/father, parents, government etc. Also, they touch on emotional cost and situations in which most teen parent face. (ie. check-ups, hospital visits etc)
2) Himelstein, Rima. "Hard Look at Teen Pregnancy."www.Philly.com. N.p., 9 4 2012. Web. 13 Feb 2013. <http://www.philly.com/philly/health/A-hard-look-at-the-risks-of-teenage-pregnancy--.html>.
- Unbiased link, written by Crozer-Keystone Pediatrician and Adolescent medicine specialist, drawn from www.philly.com. This source shows us brutal statistics about teen pregnancy. The site touches on ratios, rates and provides advice for present teen mothers.
3)Preidt, Robert. "Poor Reading Skills Linked to Teen Pregnancy Risks." Philly.com. N.p., 31 10 2012. Web. 14 Feb 2013. <http://www.philly.com/philly/health/topics/HealthDay670066_20121031_Poor_Reading_Skills_Linked_to_Teen_Pregnancy_Risk.html>.
- This article was found on philly.com under the teen section. It is abstracted from the American Public Health Association. It talks to us about how reading levels can be linked to a higher chance of someone becoming a teen parent.
4) (Google Scholar Source) http://www.urban.org/url.cfm?ID=106764&renderforprint=1
- Drawn from google scholar, this source provides statistics about teen pregnancy such as how many teens are pregnant per year (estimated), our rates (USA) compared to other countries and some reasons it might be this way.
5) (Google Scholar Source) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-8624.1997.tb04233.x/abstract
- Drawn from google scholar, this source gives us an overall look at teen pregnancy in america written by a group of pediatricians who felt the need to spread the word.
Yes, "nowadays" its easier for teens to get pregnant than adults because of the lack of supply of condoms and condom support from parents
- What advice do you give teens to prepare them for what lies ahead for them
If you are pregnant take responsibility and it can be a beautiful thing and worth the trouble you are going through. Just stick it out. and if you aren't…Stay that way
- In terms of options chosen during teen pregnancy which ones do you see or hear about teens choosing the most? (ie. Abortion, Adoption etc)
It's sad to say but i have been hearing about a lot of abortions from teen mothers. I just can't bring myself to kill my own child
- What places/organizations do you reccomend teen moms to turn to for help?
i don't know any but personally I turned to my parents. They have helped me through a lot.