• What will be your topic of conversation be?
Sports, deportees, in other countries.
• What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?
- ¿Te gusta deportes?
- ¿Qué deportes juegas?
- ¿Qué deportes se puede ver en la televisión?
- ¿Cuál es tu deporte favorito?
- ¿Tiene usted un atleta profesional favorito?
• What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
It will be interesting to see what sports are popular there versus the US.
• What are you nervous about?
Not everyone likes/plays sports so it may be difficult to have a good conversation about it.
• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?
I spoke to Luiz, 16, from Brazil. I chose to speak to him because he was around my age and I thought the conversation would be easier and simple.
• What did you learn about them?
I learned that he likes soccer and basketball. He also told me that people knowing about American football is rare in Brazil. He's only seen one American football game.
• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?
It helped me get a better idea of what life is like for a south American teenager. In many ways it's very similar to my own but there are definitely some differences.
• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?
I learned about sports in Brazil.
• What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)
I wish I could have continued the conversation for longer and get more information.