I was really excited about the work this quarter. I would say that my work is fairly reflective of my work ethic this quarter. I'm not, by any means, a person with a gift for art, but I do enjoy it, and I did enjoy many of our projects this quarter. I chose to copy the artist Picasso, because he is the first artist that really grabbed my attention when I was younger. I also love his sketches of animals, so I chose to remake both his dog and his cat for that assignment. My mosaic was also a really fun project, as it was the first time I had attempted to make one. The wire sculpture was way out of my comfort zone, but I definitely enjoyed trying to manipulate the paperclips into the shapes I wanted.
In my final drawing I feel I have accomplished the important requirements of one point perspective. I feel as though I showed that I’m improving on my drawing expertise. I know I still have room to improve but I believe I am improving with drawings of windows, chairs, tables, etc. using orthogonal lines
My windows on the left side needed to be bigger and worked on more.
I feel that Cindy’s final drawing was successful. The lines were straight, neat, and met her vanishing point.
- I learned the importance of orthogonal lines in one point perspective drawing and how much it contribute to making drawings look realistic.
b. What would you change or differently if you could do this project again?
c. Find a drawing on the wall that you think is successful. Describe it. Why is it successful?
d. What did you learn about one point perspective?
There are many different forms of art. The best part about creating it, is being able to make something completely new from things you know and that are familiar. Most of my artwork this quarter had been highly inspired from some of my favorite things in pop culture, with my own little twist on them.
You can go far with your own imagination. But sometimes, it doesn’t hurt to have a little help from other places.
- I think I had done pretty good job on the drawing. I followed directions, other than the table. I feel I should get a A.
- I would change the table, and add more detail to the drawing.
- I think Taytiana V's drawing is really good. She followed the direction.
- I learned that what I used to draw was wrong, because that I actually draw the 3D shapes like cube, in parallel lines.