- This source talks about how disrespect for our elders/adults can lead young people to violence, as well as crime. It talks about the roots of the problem in our society. It also defines what respect actually is. It is basically a big overview of the reasons that people can lack respect for adults and in general.
Qabazard, Natalie. "Teenagers’ lack of respect for adults." (2010): n. page. Web. 16 Feb. 2013. <http://teenlife.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/10755/teenagers-lack-of-respect-for-adults/>.
- This source is actually an 2fer-like essay by a 15 year old high school senior named Natalie. In her essay, she talks about teens in America and how they disrespect adults. She talks about the reasons behind this disrespect, and why they matter. She also includes some sources in her essay that can be helpful during our presentation.
Schwalb, David, and Barbara Schwalb. "Research and Theory on Respect and Disrespect: Catching Up with the Public and Practitioners." n. page. Web. 16 Feb. 2013. <http://www.suu.edu/faculty/shwalb/pdf/cad114chapter1.pdf>.
- This source is a document. It is a research article about the whole theory of respect, and disrespect. It specifically talks about disrespect in the public and how it can affect the people around you.
"Why Do Teens Act the Way They Do?."Barry County. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Feb. 2013. <www.barrycounty.org/YSB/TeensAct.pdf>.
- This source does not only talk about respect and disrespect, but the way that teens act the way the do in a lot of different things. It is mostly meant for parents, but the information is helpful for our project because it talks about some of the sources of the problems are and how to solve the problems.
Scott, Jill. Email interview. 14 Feb. 2013.
- In the interview, I asked about when in a person’s life does the problem usually start, and why it happens. We also talked about if media plays a role in it and how the problem affects society.