1. "Why is volunteering important?." . N.p., 1 Jan. 2014. Web. 9 Jan. 2014. <http://www.idealist.org/info/Volunteer/Why>.
This website was helpful because it informed me more on why volunteerism is important. It talks about different options people have to begin their volunteer experience. In addition, this website gives statistics on the impact people have by volunteering not just in America but around the world, according to the Corporation for National and Community Service.
2. Saisan, Joanna, Melinda Smith, and Gena Kemp. "Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits." : Helping Yourself While Helping Others. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2014. <http://www.helpguide.org/life/volunteer_opportunities_benefits_volunteering.htm>.
This website had to be one of the most beneficial sites. It talks about the four main reasons why people should volunteer and the benefits that come along with it. Furthermore, it tells the viewer about the different skill sets that one can develop just by volunteering. This was especially important because my website is designed to inform others the importance of volunteering as well as what one can gain by doing it also. Last, it gives studies on the relationship between happiness and volunteering.
3. "Community Service: Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer." Community Service: Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2014. <https://students.ucsd.edu/student-life/involvement/community/reasons.html>.
Just like the previous site, this website gives the top ten reasons why community service is extremely important. It goes a little more in detail about why a person should be content in making a difference in his or her community. Within the reasons, there are subcategories to make the viewer make up his or her mind.
4. "The Franklin Institute." The Franklin Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Feb. 2014. <https://www.fi.edu/volunteer>.
This website was helpful because they have a great opportunity to student to volunteer in the different departments that is available to the public. While searching through the website, there are different positions that volunteers can choose from. This was helpful for me because my website was primarily design as a search engine to help others find their match.
5. "High School Explorer Program." High School Student Volunteers. N.p., 1 Jan. 2014. Web. 12 Apr. 2014. <http://www.chop.edu/about/volunteer-opportunities/volunteer-opportunities-applications/summer-teen.html>.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia provides an opportunity for high students and adults to volunteer in the department of their interest. It gives the description and the eligibility requirements.
6. "Inspirational Quotes - Motivational Quotes - Leadership Quotes | Values.com."Inspirational Quotes. N.p., 1 Jan. 2000. Web. 27 May 2014. <http://www.values.com/inspirational-quotes/value/102-Volunteering>.
This website was extremely helpful because it helped me design my website. A lot of people may have second guesses on why volunteering is important. This website is filled with quotes from authors, humanitarians, poets and activist to motivate people to get on their feet to make a difference in their community and the importance of it. A few of these quotes were used in developing my website.
7. "Ways to Volunteer." Volunteering. The American Red Cross, n.d. Web. 24 Feb. 2014. <http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer>.
The American Red Cross volunteer page was helpful because not only did it provide opportunities for people to volunteer for their company, but it also allows the researchers to learn more about what the Red Cross is about and talks about why volunteering is important. This was great for my project because this was used as a resource for high school students to get involved.
8. Matthews , Terry. "Jaden's Voice." Jaden's Voice. N.p., 1 Jan. 2013. Web. 18 Feb. 2014. <http://jadensvoice.org/>.
Jaden’s Voice is one of the organizations that I was apart of. Going to the events and volunteering was a major contribution to my capstone. This organization brings awareness to children with autism. They also provide education and resources to families who have children with autism. Being apart of Jaden’s Voice really broaden my horizons and skill development just by volunteering.
9. Brummell, Arden. "Resource Library." The Value of Volunteering. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Nov. 2013. <http://www.energizeinc.com/art/atimevalue.html>.
This website was helpful because this talks about the value of volunteering. The author shares a story on how a man from the Olympics was impressed on the the commitment and dedication that volunteers had. It explains what volunteering is and the importance of it. It also explains the richness and the value that volunteering has on communities and local neighborhoods. This website is written in third person so it makes it personal and draws the reader in.
10. "Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You." Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You. The College Board, n.d. Web. 30 May 2014. <https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/outside-the-classroom/volunteering-how-helping-others-helps-you>.
This website is really great because this website is published by the College Board which is used by a lot of high school students and college students. Just like the other websites, this website gives information on reasons as to why one should volunteer. Towards the end of the website, it gives the viewers resources on how to get involved into the community.
11. Duplantier, Dolly. "How Volunteering and Service Can Help with College Admissions."How Volunteering and Service Can Help with College Admissions. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2014.
This website is good for my website because volunteering is critically important for the college process. It’s an interview that was done with a student explaining why college is looking for the students that have volunteer experience. Even though it may seem small and not important, this website informs on how having community service can actually save a person. This was helpful for developing my website as a resource for other to get involved in the college process.
12. Google - this search engine helped a lot with the photographs that I used to make this website a success.