Why are things the way they are?
Me: What does Music look like in Puerto Rico?
Mom: Es como aquí pero casi no hay canciones en ingles
Me: Why is the beat different from other spanish speaking places to puerto rican music?
Mom: Porque cada lugar tinei el clase de música y toda son diferente
Me: Why don't people in puerto rico like music from other countries? is because of the grammar or pronunciation?
Mom: Porque como las canciones y el clase de música es different porque haci es como las personas en Puerto Rico se crio.
Me: Why are things pronounced different?
Mom: Porque aveces las palabras se use diferente en mucho lugares y tiene diferente significado
Me: Why are their the same words but different meaning.
Mom: Porque las personas se crio different y hoeyendo la mia y pai hablando haci y ell ss acostrunbro
How do you anticipate your partner will respond to your questions?
I think that she (they) will tell me it's just the way it is and how they were raised
What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
To understand why are the same words have different meaning depending where you go in the spanish world.
What are you nervous about?
Saying things wrong in spanish or not knowing how to say some words or the meaning of some words.
- Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?
My mother and my grandmother because spanish is their main language and they have a lot of experience with spanish
- What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them? I learned that my grandmother knows no english what so ever and my mother knows just a little. I learned what i was asking them and why are things the way they are and said ect.
- How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal? It helped me stop being lazy and finally asking them the questions that i wanted to ask them so it helped me finally understand.
- What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? I finally understand why things are said the way they are and i understand why music is different and why people have their way of saying a word and others have their own way of saying it was just the way they were raised.
- What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)r Saying words in spanish right and working on my accent.